Thursday, February 19, 2009

idiotic commentary

Washington Times:
Newly elected Republican National Committee Chairman Michael S. Steele plans an “off the hook” public relations offensive to attract younger voters

I don't care that this idiom is new to political speech.  English is a living language, and phrases like that will clearly become more and more part of everyday usage.  I also have no sense of whether Mr. Steele uses the phrase often in his discussions.  (If Dick Cheney had made a point of using it in his recent interview, I think it would have been much more notable as we all would have seen it as obviously affected.)  I care much more that Mr. Steele said "government doesn't create jobs," for instance.

I hope that young voters aren't so easily swayed by P.R. and that they actually examine policy stands when choosing a political party. 

No comments:

Post a Comment